Recent reports have shown the importance and effectiveness of social media in digital marketing. Social media marketing statistics in 2022 can benefit your business by showing you where the trends are so you know what options are best for you. Partnering with social media marketing is a fool-proof way to gain exposure and facilitate trust in your brand.
Social Media Marketing Statistics for 2022
(Source: UpCity, 2022)
- 56% of small businesses are making social media a priority in 2022
- 32% of social media marketers say that Facebook is their most valuable platform, followed by Instagram (17%), TikTok (13%), LinkedIn (11%), and YouTube (11%)
- 25% of businesses said that video content is producing more social media engagement than other content
- 17% of small businesses say that a lack of financial resources is their biggest challenge in continuing their social media marketing efforts
- 63% of social media marketers are focusing on original content to build brand awareness and become an industry leader
- Post-pandemic there has been a shift in focus from Facebook to TikTok and LinkedIn marketing campaigns
- 56% of business owners now say that social media marketing is a priority, compared to 49% pre-pandemic
- There has been a 5% increase in businesses hiring 3rd party agencies to handle social media marketing since before the COVID-19 pandemic.
General Social Media Marketing Statistics
(Sources: Hootsuite, 2022; Hubspot/Talkwalker, 2022; Review 42, 2022; Statistica, 2022)
- Over 4.62 billion people are using social media around the world
- 72% of Americans use social media
- Social media is continuing to grow, especially post-pandemic.
- People across the world spend an average of 2 hours and 27 minutes a day on social media (2 hours and 14 minutes a day in America).
- 90% of marketers and businesses say social media marketing has increased their exposure. 75% say it increased their traffic.
- Tik Tok is beginning to dominate social media.
- Google is looking to phase out “cookie tracking” by 2023, meaning brands will no longer have access to their audiences’ personal information.
- 49% of all internet users are likely to buy from brands they see advertised when browsing on social media.
- Personalized ad experiences tailored to the user are what is driving ad conversions.
- Around 70% of online shoppers look to social media to discover products and services.
- 84% of consumers who watched a brand’s video were convinced to make a purchase or subscribe to a service.
- 71% of users who had a good social media experience with a brand or business are likely to recommend it to others.
- Visual content is more likely to be shared across social media channels.
- 51.6% of social media users are men.
- 48.4% of social media users are women.
- 16% of internet users aged 16-64 use microblogs (such as Twitter or Instagram) for brand research.
- 74% of social media users share video content from brands.
- 21% of consumers are more likely to purchase a product or service from a brand that they can reach on social media.
Facebook Advertising Statistics in 2022
(Sources: Hootsuite, 2022; Hubspot, 2022; Review 42, 2022)
- Facebook is the most used social media platform in the world.
- Over 50 million small businesses use Facebook Pages.
- In 2021, ⅓ of Facebook users purchased a product or service on the platform.
- 63.7% of Americans over the age of 13 are reached by Facebook ads.
- 66% of Facebook users visit a Facebook page by a local business at least once a week.
- Facebook has the potential to reach up to 2.11 billion people
- Facebook ads have been shown to provide the highest ROI compared to other advertising channels.
Instagram Advertising Statistics in 2022
(Sources: Hootsuite, 2022; Hubspot, 2022)
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business page.
- 2 out of every 3 people say Instagram helps connect them to brands.
- 50% of Instagram users are more interested in inquiring about a brand after seeing an ad on IG.
- Instagram ads alone reach almost 30% of internet users.
- The average age of Instagram users is 25-34
Youtube Advertising Statistics in 2022
(Sources: Hootesuite, 2022)
- 70% of internet users bought from a brand after seeing it on Youtube.
- Advertisements targeted towards user intent (purpose) rather than their demographics earn 100% higher lift in purchase intent.
- YouTube is the 2nd most visited website in the world.
- ⅓ of internet users have watched a how-to or tutorial video on YouTube this week.
- Men ages 25-34 are the biggest advertising audience on Youtube.
So, now what?
Well now that you have a better understanding of some of the most important social media advertising statistics in 2022, you can see how social media marketing can be beneficial to your business. For technical purposes, Youtube has technically been considered a search engine (comparable to Google) and falls under paid media as opposed to social media.
RiZen Metrics is a digital marketing agency that can help your business meet its goals through social media marketing and paid media advertising. With hubs in Scranton, Philadelphia, and New York City, we want to meet your business where it’s at.